Monday, June 1, 2009

Another opportunity for help in your garden!

My name is Khadijah Qadeer, and I work with The Ohio State University Upward Bound Program. We assist in preparing high school students from Briggs, East, South, and Walnut Ridge for post-secondary education. It is our goal to get students involved in community service activities. This summer we will have a green theme. Previously, when working with Directions for Youth and Families Ohio Avenue Center, I had the privilege of taking students to work at several community gardens in the Near East and Near South side of Columbus. I would like to bring approximately 15 to 20 students to work at one of the gardens on both July 10th and July 17th from 2:30pm to 4:30pm. I look forward to hearing from you. I can be reached on my direct line at 614-292-3724.

Kind Regards,

Khadijah Qadeer



Who: The Ohio State University Upward Bound Program (15 to 20 high school students)
What: Work at a community garden
Where: Near East/Near South side Community Garden
Why: Community Service
When: July 10th and July 17th from 2:30pm to 4:30pm

Thank you,

Khadijah Qadeer

Khadijah A. Qadeer
Academic Counselor
Office of Minority Affairs
The Ohio State University Upward Bound Program
025 Mount Hall
1050 Carmack Road
Columbus, Ohio 43210
614-292-2344 (office)
614-292-4603 (fax)

No comments: