Thursday, August 21, 2008

Striped Cucumber Beetle


Grrr...my garden is taking a beating this year.

This will definitely take some reflection on my part.
In the meantime, I have discovered what is getting after my cucumbers. It is the Striped Cucumber Beetle. They are having a grand time on my plants.

I originally thought it was the Squash Vine Borer, but when I dissected the stem for larvae, there weren't any.

By the way, dissecting my stem meant cutting it off at the base. It really didn't matter anyway because the plant was completely withered and brown and dying anyway.
Click on the link to see the photos of the likely beetle eggs and withered cucumbers.


I have a bad feeling I will have to refer to this website often to figure out which pest is bothering which plant, but at least it is a good site.

No comments: